About the role
We require an experienced and capable WOOD MACHINIST to work in our workshop based in Luton who can confidently work with a variety of different timbers and complete all aspects of the required project from start to finish. You will play an important part of the production team, bring key skills and knowledge to aid in the highest quality of manufacture possible.
• To be able to understand and work from CAD drawings to manufacture items
• Comprise and carry out accurate cutting lists
• Work out the most appropriate joining methods for the application
• Manufacture and assemble joinery items accurately and as per standards and procedures in place
• Proficient and safe use of both hand tools and power tools – ranging from traditional to state-of-the-
art computerised cutting equipment
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Planning work and work station
• Requiring minimal supervision to produce work
Successful applicants will have a minimum of 3 years experience and hold either a City and Guilds/NVQ2 or equivalent Joinery qualification.
CNC experience would also be advantageous, though not essential.
You will be well presented, highly motivated and willing to work within a close knit team and possess a meticulous eye for detail and quality.